A lowland forest remnant bequeathed to Forest and Bird in 1962 along with the Bushy Park Homestead (a Category 1 Historic Place). Now managed by the Bushy Park Homestead and Forest Trust.
- the preservation and enhancement of the 90 ha forest by ridding it of all predators
- the enhancement of native bird life and the introduction of rare and endangered species once found here
- to provide the opportunity for public education, recreation and enjoyment of the Homestead and forest
- to provide in the Homestead a facility of accommodation and entertainment
- to provide an education programme for students
24 km north of Wanganui.
90 ha of lowland rainforest.
Bushy Park Homestead and Forest Trust
A pest-proof fence ( Xcluder™ "kiwi") was constructed around the forest in 2004/05 and mammal pests eradicated.
Turn inland from SH 3 at Kai Iwi. Accommodation, licensed restaurant and cafe available. Several walking tracks through the reserve are open to the public.